Rules & Regulations for Big Buddy Raffle, Autographed Joe Burrow Sports Illustrated
1. Eligibility - Raffles is open to all persons age 18 and older. Raffle shall abide by all charitable raffle laws of the State of Louisiana and the government of the United States of America. Void where prohibited by law. Employees and Board Members of Big Buddy program, its affiliated non-profit organizations, consultants, attorneys, independent accountant firms, and any immediate family members of people involved with this promotion are not eligible to participate. We reserve the right to not accept any illegible, defective or incomplete entry forms and entries that do not include valid or full payment.
2. How to Enter – Beginning Monday, January 13, 2020, thirty minutes following the end of the College Football National Championship game, all entrants must log onto the Big Buddy Program website at www.bigbuddyprogram.org and purchase entries. All entries will be sold for the price of $20.00 donation per entry or six (6) entries for a $100.00 donation. All purchases of entries will be facilitated on-line through the Big Buddy Program Pay Pal account and payments methods recognized by Pay Pal. There is no limit on the number tickets one individual may purchase. Entries received after all tickets have been sold or prize drawing will be refunded to sender. Participants acknowledge their purchase of a ticket does not in any way guarantee they will win a prize. All sales are final. No refunds will be made at any time.
3. Drawings – Winner will be determined by random drawing from all entries, Friday, January 31, 2020 at the offices of the Big Buddy Program, 1415 Main Street, Baton Rouge, LA. Entrants need not be present to win.
4. Notification - The entrant whose ticket is drawn will be deemed the winner of that raffle. All winners will be notified by phone, email and/or the United States Postal Service. If the winner does not respond or if for any reason does not complete all paperwork required to accept ownership of the prize before February 28, 2020, ownership will be forfeited to the non-profit organization conducting raffle. The charity is not responsible for printing errors in any raffle-related material, or for lost, late, misdirected or undelivered mail, or for any other failure to deliver tickets, notifications, or receipts associated with a raffle.
5. Prizes - The Prize will be a copy of the December 2, 2019 Sports Illustrated, autographed by 2019 Heisman Trophy winner, Joe Burrow. Winner is responsible for all other costs involved with use of this prize. Four (4) prizes will be awarded. Prize has no cash value and no substitute prize will be awarded under any circumstances.
6. Proceeds - All proceeds from our raffles go to benefit the Big Buddy Program, minus expenses.
7. Odds - The odds of winning are dependent upon number of tickets/entries sold, as well as number of tickets/entries purchased by the individual.
8. General Conditions - Money spent on raffle tickets/entries can NOT be considered tax deductible as a charity deduction. Charity home raffles are void where prohibited by law. Raffle participants represent their participation is not in violation of their local laws or otherwise prohibited. We reserve the right to change these Rules and Regulations at anytime and without notice to anyone, though any changes made will be updated immediately on our website through this page.
9. Privacy - By entering this raffle, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photographs, biography, likeness, voice and video for advertising and promotional purposes, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. Winners - Winner must accept ownership of the prize prior to Noon, March 2, 2020. Should any prize not be accepted or claimed by this date, the winners prize will be forfeited, and ownership returned to the sponsoring the Big Buddy Program. Winners are fully responsible for all real property taxes and assessments accruing after the closing date, as well as all local, state, and federal income taxes. All winners must be able to provide valid identification and their name must match the name associated with the winning ticket.
11. Liability – Big Buddy Program and all associated charities do not guarantee the stated value of any prize available through our raffles. Big Buddy Program and associated charities assume no liability. We also reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) against any claims made toward us, should the situation arise. All decisions related to interpretation/enforcement of these rules and regulations shall be made by Big Buddy Program and will be final.
12. Gaming License - LDR Exemption to Conduct Charitable Gaming License Number E0004218